Sunday, March 22, 2009

Club sandwich

Have I mentioned that I love sandwiches? One of my favourite classics is a turkey club...perfect for a Sunday afternoon.



Ingredients (for 2)
6 slices bread, toasted
6 slices roasted deli turkey breast
6 slices bacon, cooked
2 slices cheddar cheese
4 slices tomatoes
2 or 3 large leaves lettuce
mayo
mustard
salt & pepper

Directions
Spread mayo on first slice of toast and add a slice of cheese and 3 strips of bacon.
Top with a second slice of toast and add 3 slices of turkey, 2 slices of tomatoes and lettuce. Salt & pepper the tomatoes!
Spread mayo and mustard on third slice of toast and cover sandwich.
Insert toothpicks into the corners and slice on a diagonal.

I like big sandwich pieces so I only sliced it in half instead of quarters. Serve with kosher dills.

No comments: