Monday, February 16, 2009

French toast with Banana Rum sauce for Valentine's day

I was going to get Steve something for Valentine's day but there is really nothing he would appreciate more than food. :)

So, I decided on making french toast with a banana rum sauce. The sauce was amazing and I would like to try it on ice cream.. banana foster? The smell was amazing!! I'm sorry Kimmeh. I know you can't eat bananas. :( But I bet the recipe would work with strawberries too. That tastes soo good.. strawberry sauce on waffles..

The french toast didn't work out as well as I wanted too. I didn't have butter in the house and it stuck to the pan. I actually didn't realize how long you have to cook it.

Banana Rum sauce:
  • 2 bananas sliced
  • 2 tablespoons of rum
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar

I know the recipe called for butter but we didn't have any and it tasted just as good. I poured the rum and sugar first and then put the bananas in and simmered for about 10 minues. It was delicious.

Dave Lieberman."French Toast with Rum Bananas".<http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/dave-lieberman/french-toast-with-rum-bananas-recipe2/index.html>. February 2009.

No comments: