The thing about the zucchini chips is that you feel like you're splurging, but you're not. I would have to rate it as one of the best healthy alternatives to fried food I have ever had. I was thinking that a dip would be so good with this. Blue-cheese? Ranch? The zucchini chips leave you with some calories to spare. I could eat this as a side, snack, or main entree.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 " slices
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove smashed garlic
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine egg, milk and garlic in a shallow dish and set aside for about 15 minutes to let flavors combine.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Dip zucchini slices into egg mixture, then into crumbs and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for 5 minutes more or until brown and crispy.
"Breaded 'n Baked Zucchini Chips".<http://www.recipezaar.com/Breaded-n-Baked-Zucchini-Chips-90331> February 2009.