Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

When I go grocery shopping, I seldom go down all the aisles. But since baby fell asleep in the shopping cart, I wanted her to nap so I took my time.
I ended up getting some inspiration to make Mexican food. I used a lot of shortcuts in this recipe so it was easy to throw this together.

Ingredients
8 flour tortillas
1 box Spanish rice cooked to directions
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 red pepper sliced
1/2 green pepper sliced
1 package Fajita sauce mix
2 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese

Mexi-ranch sauce
Mix together:
1/3 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup salsa
2 tbsp sour cream

Directions
Cook rice according to boxed directions. Meanwhile, stir fry onion, chicken strips and peppers until cooked through. Add fajita seasoning to package directions.
Spread half of the mexi-ranch sauce to the bottom of a baking dish.
Fill tortilla with a sprinkling of cheese, some Spanish rice and some of the chicken fajita mixture; roll tightly and place in baking dish seam side down.
Once all tortillas are filled and rolled, top with the remainder of the mexi-ranch sauce and rest of the shredded cheese.
Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and browned.

1 comment:

Shiva said...

Looks very yummy ... Hope all is going weel for you :)