Monday, November 23, 2009

Banana Muffins

Ever since I've developed an allergy to bananas I've missed them terribly. I couldn't resist buying them when I saw them in the supermarket. LUCKILY, I can eat cooked bananas, so I let them ripen on my kitchen counter waiting to turn them into a delicious baked good. It was torturous waiting for them to turn brown. Does anyone know of a way to ripen them more quickly? Anyway, I decided to bake banana muffins since I had company coming over the weekend and also wanted to bring in a breakfast treat for my dance team.
Ingredients
3 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup butter
3-4 tbsp plain yogurt or sour cream
1 egg
1 tps vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Directions
1. Mix bananas, butter, egg, and vanilla with a fork or hand mixer.
2. Add flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until just combined.
3. Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes in 350 degree oven until risen and firm to the touch.
5. Cool and top with icing if desired.

My friend Nicole had made LOTS of extra cream cheese icing at our house so I decided to make use of it. I added 2 tbsp peanut butter to a cup of icing and iced the muffins. Was so delicious!

No comments: