Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spinach, Ricotta & Prosciutto Cannelloni

This cannelloni was perfect for a weeknight. It was easy to prepare and while it baked in the oven I was able to kick up my feet and relax before my home church came over.



Ingredients
10 ready bake cannelloni tubes
1 tub ricotta cheese
1 package of frozen spinach, defrosted and towel dried
6 slices prosciutto diced
1 egg
1 tsp basil
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine ricotta cheese, spinach, prosciutto, egg, basil salt and pepper in a bowl. Stuff mixture in cannelloni shells. Lay 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Place cannelloni in a single layer in the pan. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and cannelloni are tender.

I had some mixture and sauce left over, so I made a lasagna as well for tomorrow's supper.

No comments: